Human Resource Management Advisor Job
This post has expired! It was posted more than 1778 days ago.
This assignment involves supporting a government-led capacity development programme within Ministry of Mines’ HR Directorate. Under the supervision of the Director General Administration and Finance, the successful candidate will provide technical advice, management support and technical inputs required to allow the Ministry of Mines to achieve the target of effective, streamlined and professional HR planning and management supporting and aligned with the Ministry of Mines’ strategic objectives.
The successful applicant will be expected to work with and through his/her Afghan national counterpart, and to progressively transfer skills and responsibilities to them. This position does not involve management or line responsibilities.
2.2 Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Ministry of Mines’ Director General Administration and Finance, and with the Director HR, with assistance from the CTAP Capacity Development team and other relevant staff and advisors, the Human Resource Management Advisor will:
· Assist the department to map, evaluate, refine and streamline existing HR processes and systems, making full use of the scope for delegation of decision-making power that is provided by existing regulations.
· Provide advisory and technical backstopping to support the implementation of streamlined business processes.
· Assist in the development and implementation of a Ministry of Mines Human Resource Management Strategy in close conjunction with the Director HR and the senior management team of the Ministry of Mines.
· Support the development and implementation of performance reviews, evaluation programs and operational planning systems that will ensure continuous departmental improvement.
· Assist in the implementation of a Human Resource Management Information System.
· Identify HR staff capacity constraints and weakness and ensure plans are developed to address them.
· Help set up systems to ensure that Ministry managers and provincial offices receive training and guidance in their responsibilities in carrying out HR functions.
· Design and support the arrangement of systems for training, coaching and on-the-job learning for departmental staff.
The deliverables of the HRM advisor are:
· Staff capacity assessed and capacity development plans defined and implemented.
· Comprehensive set of tools and resources to support HR processes in place.
· HRM Strategy developed and implemented.
· System for evaluation of internal department capacity and for measurement of departmental performance in place.
· Training management and delivery system designed and implemented.
2.4 Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
The successful candidate should have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
· Undergraduate degree, with a minimum of 8 years’ development or governance experience with 4 years in Human Resource Management.
· Graduate degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or related subject a strong plus.
· Experience in Public Administration Reform a plus.
· Demonstrated history of providing training, coaching and mentoring to local counterpart staff.
· Able to produce reports and other standards documents, in English, up to a professional standard.
· Previous experience in under-developed, insecure or post-conflict environments a plus.
· Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto a strong plus.
Afghan expatriates and nationals of countries in Afghanistan’s region are especially preferred for this position.
1. Organizational Context
The Ministry of Mines has a mandate to deliver on the Government’s vision for sustainable, market-based, economically successful minerals and hydrocarbons sectors as set out in the Constitution of Afghanistan and the Afghan National Development Strategy (ANDS). To achieve this, the Government is committed to establishing Afghanistan as an attractive destination for private sector investment in the exploration and development of mineral and hydrocarbon resources.
The Civilian Technical Assistance Program (CTAP) is an Afghan government program that aims to create stronger government institutions with more effective structures, efficient processes and skilled personnel. It assists Afghan government organizations to implement capacity development and performance improvement programs by providing them with skilled international technical experts and capacity development advisors.
On behalf of the Ministry of Mines, CTAP is now seeking to fill the position of Asset Management and Logistics Advisor to work in Ministry of Mines’ Administration and Finance Directorate, under the management of the Director General Administration and Finance. This position is open to international passport holders only: Afghan expatriates and nationals of regional countries are especially encouraged to apply.