This includes responsibility for (i) general accounting, program accounting, auditing, fraud control, cost accounting, budgetary control and reporting and (ii) ensuring effective procurement practices; identifying quality, efficient and cost-effective suppliers and also maintains Asset Register.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. SUPERVISES THE ACTIVITIES OF FINANCE DEPARTMENT:
a. Reviews the correctness of statements of accounts and invoices sent to clients
b. Ensures the timely sending of statement of accounts to client companies
c. Ensures the prompt collection of accounts receivable and availability of funds
d. Communicates directly to delinquent clients
e. Ensures the proper recording of receipts from clients
f. Ensures the proper documentation, approval and recording in system of new clients
g. Recommends visitation of problematic clients
h. Reviews the correctness of ledger balances of airlines and suppliers
i. Ensures the correct and timely payment of accounts
j. Coordinates with reconciler and ensures that all tickets are recorded in the system
k. Ensures that refunds are properly processed, documented and paid
l. Ensures the correctness of invoices encoded by cashiers
m. Ensures that all tickets are properly invoiced/recorded in the system
n. Ensures that all collections are properly receipted and encoded
o. Reviews the daily cash collections and ensures the safe keeping of cash
p. Ensures that the correct current market exchange rate is used by cashiers
q. Ensures the reconciliation of cash count against system cash ledger
r. Reviews the payroll ensuring that salaries are computed correctly and in accordance with office policy
s. Ensures the proper filing of all finance documents and maintains its confidentiality
t. Ensures proper back up of software system and all soft copies of records
u. Prepares financial and other statistical reports as required by management
2. REVIEWS THE DAILY FINANCIAL REPORTS OF BRANCHES
a. Reviews the financial reports of branches on daily basis.
b. Recommends to branch accountants/ branch managers any adjustments to
correct any account
c. Visits the branches on a regular basis and ensure that records are kept properly
3. RECONCILES BANK ACCOUNTS, GENERAL ACCOUNTS AND INTER BRANCH ACCOUNTS
a. Reconciles all bank accounts, general accounts and inter branch accounts
b. Coordinates with branch accountants for proper reconciliation of supplier and
d. Coordinates with Admin during payroll preparation for any advances by staff
4. MANAGES THE SYSTEM AND ENSURES PROPER BACK UP
a. Ensures that the system is properly maintained and updated
b. Ensures that back up is regularly done
c. Regularly coordinates with system provider for any problem or needed updates
5. CLOSELY COORDINATES WITH FINANCE DIRECTOR/MANAGEMENT
a. Coordinates with Finance Director/Management for all matters pertaining to assigned jobs and performs any other job as assigned or directed.
b. Recommends changes in office policies and procedures to ensure performance efficiency of finance and the company as a whole
1. Accounting graduate, Certified Public Accountant or equivalent and with 5 or more years experience as finance manager in the field of travel agency. Can prepare financial reports on a regular period as required by management
2. Fluent in English both in written and verbal communication.
3. Pleasing personality, can supervise multi cultural staff and can communicate well with clients and suppliers
4. Dependable, aggressive, honest, hardworking and can work well under pressure and with least supervision.
5. Willing to travel around Afghanistan and abroad as required by management
6. Preferably international employee
7. Must pass both the written examination and panel interview.